About Me

My photo
I'm an Australian, based in the Washington, DC, area, with extensive experience in the US, UK/Europe and Australia. I have also lectured in IT and Law related topics at King's College, London, and at The Australian National University.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Girl drives Rubik's cube champ to new record

Jasmine pointed me at a news.com.au article today about the factor that helped the new Rubik's Cube world record-holder, Eric Akkersdijk, over the line with his time of 7.08 sec:

"I met a very nice girl there who worked at one of the stands at the tournament that sell puzzles, she was quite interested in the cubing tournament and I felt pretty attracted to her," he said. "We chatted the whole time.

"So instead of waiting nervously for your next solve and over-focussing, I was a bit distracted by something else. The result was no more nerves for the competition."

No comments: